Financial support is available for artists, venues and promoters in Dumfries & Galloway who would like to put on a quality performing arts event between 1st March – 30th August 2019.
You can apply for financial support if you think your income may not cover the full cost of your event. This opportunity enables you to try something different or target a new audience. The level of support will be calculated against an agreed maximum expenditure and minimum target for ticket income.
The application form is available HERE
To apply you need to be an part of the Arts Live Network. If you are not already registered you can SIGN UP FOR FREE HERE
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY, 27th DECEMBER 2018.
Confirmation to applicants 17th Jan
Deadline for copy 31st Jan
If you are planning an event after August 2019 that you would like us to support, you are welcome to discuss ideas with us. We would recommend completing an application as a basis for the discussion and phone Suzie Thorpe, AL SFA Coordinator, on 01387 259627 email@example.com
Your event should fulfil the following criteria:
Should be of a high quality, beyond an organisation’s usual activity
- Be of good artistic quality
- Aims to draw an audience
- Is not competing with another similar event in the area at the same time
- Have to take place between 1st March 2019 and 30th August 2019
- Have a realistic budget
- Have a realistic ticket income
- Have a realistic ticket price
- Organisers have to promote the event through their own network with costs to be included in the budget
You can include the following costs in your budget
- Artists’ fees, travel and accommodation*
- Venue hire*
- Set-up and technical costs*
- Box Office Fees
* If you run a community venue, are an artist or a sound technician, etc, these will include your own fees provided they are included in the application. We would not expect Professional Venues to have a venue fee, as we would encourage you to have additional income from bar/catering, etc
What we won’t pay for
- Promoters’ time
- Costs of catering for the public
- Rented items that are not returned
- Cancellation costs
- Increases in your expenditure budget after your application.
We conduct our selection through a fair and open access application process. No funding decisions will be made prior to the application deadline.
An allocation of ticket sales (no less than 10%) must be made available via the Midsteeple Box Office
Applicants will receive a decision by Thursday 10th January 2019
By accepting the Support For Ambition offer, you agree to the conditions of the scheme, available HERE
SMALL PRINT: The total costs of the event should be more than the support requested and we are looking for promoters to buy in with a shared risk. The promoter should be confident in achieving a minimum audience. The amount of support will ensure that all agreed event costs are covered, provided you achieve above the minimum, and your expenditure is not higher than agreed. Should ticket income be more than the event costs, you will keep profits. Typically we will support a loss of up to £500 but will offer a smaller or larger offers, depending upon the overall cost of the event. The costs should include artists’ fees, travel accommodation, venue hire, technical costs and publicity. If for example you are an artist or a venue, you can include your own fees in the budget. Typically we will expect the amount of support to cover no more than 50% of the total event costs but we will make exceptions for high risk or developmental projects, Children’s theatre or dance. You must supply us with copy and a good quality image for our listings, and publicity. Tickets must be made available via our booking system. You will be primarily responsible for the promotion and marketing of your event. We do, however, offer support via press releases, newsletters, website material and social media.
Arts Live is supported by Creative Scotland, Holywood Trust , Dumfries & Galloway Council, DG Unlimited and the William Grant Foundation.