The Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival has been running for 39 years, bringing a range of theatre, music and performing arts to the region. Recently, The Festival has expanded its reach, targeting young people through STAGE iT, their Young Promoters Group.
STAGE iT is funded through EventScotland’s Year of Young People Events Fund and the Holywood Trust and works to programme events that young people would like to come and see, ensuring inclusivity throughout the Festival remit.
We are looking for a freelance marketing assistant for approximately six hours a week. This is a unique opportunity for a talented individual to work with the team behind the Dumfries & Galloway Arts Festival.
The age of Year of Young People is 8-26 so people aged between 18-26 are particularly encouraged to apply
This is an exciting project based in Dumfries for someone who is passionate, driven and motivated with a good knowledge of digital marketing. In this role you will be responsible for promoting the Young Promoters Group events and helping to develop their marketing strategy.
- To assist with promoting events both online and offline.
- Being highly creative in order to identify target audiences and therefore being able to produce new and exciting digital campaigns.
- To be able to analyse the impact of the digital campaigns in drawing in an audience.
- Writing and proof reading marketing material.
- Working as part of a team and communicating with partner agencies / venues.
- Developing a marketing strategy with the Young Promoters Group.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A good knowledge of social media and is confident using it in all different forms for example snapchat, Facebook.
- Strong ability to target specific groups with marketing campaigns
- Voluntary or paid experience of promoting events. This does not have to be for an arts event, it can be anything that you helped to market and advertise.
- Knowledge of how a digital campaign is put together and how to target specific groups of people.
- Knowledge of how to analyse the impact of a digital campaign
- Ability to work on flexible basis
- Experience of running and analysing digital marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of Performing Arts
- Passionate & motivated
- Determined to reach the target audience
- Team player who is willing to ‘get their hands dirty’ and wear different ‘hats’ whilst working
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools
- Experience in working with young people
CONTRACT: This is a freelance, short-term, flexible contract £1092 for 6 months (based on six-hour week). The postholder will be responsible for their own National Insurance, tax and to be registered as self-employed through HMRC
HOURS: The contract is based on an average 6hr week, on a flexible basis, dependant on the needs of the tasks
APPLICATION DEADLINES: To apply for this post, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter detailing the reasons why you are right for the job to email@example.com by 10th April. Interviews will take place on 25th April and candidates will be notified as soon as possible after all interviews have taken place.